This Project Manager will lead the planning effort to develop an AmeriCorps program serving in the five Carbon County, PA school districts of Panther Valley, Lehighton, Weatherly, Jim Thorpe, and Palmerton. Through our planning grant, we will explore individual school needs and the direct service interventions AmeriCorps members could provide that will best meet the needs of specific schools and students. The Project Manager will be the lead for executing the planning process according to the final timeline.
Location: This position will work out of an office location TBD in Carbon County
- The Project Manager will be the lead for executing the planning process according to the final timeline.
- Determine how an AmeriCorps program might, through direct service, provide support and/or facilitate access to services and resources that contribute to improved educational outcomes, school readiness and behavioral outcomes for economically disadvantaged Carbon County elementary and middle school students
- Assess the extent to which opioid addiction and/or obesity are additional barriers to educational success for students in our target districts
- Outline the steps needed to develop an AmeriCorps program that provides a transformational experience for both the communities being served and the AmeriCorps members themselves
- Ensure that United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley has the capacity and infrastructure in place to administer an AmeriCorps program that produces measurable results.
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in the non-profit or education sector in a range of the following: project management, community engagement and facilitation. Relevant experience in other sectors or related education considered in lieu of work experience.
- Direct experience either as a member of the AmeriCorps or managing an AmeriCorps program.
- A convener of partners and skilled meeting facilitator
- This position requires frequent travel around Carbon County for onsite meetings. Staff members who drive a vehicle on UWGLV business must provide proof of a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way
The benefits package includes medical and dental insurance subsidized at 80% for employees and their dependents, life and ltd insurance fully paid and an employee funded vision insurance option. Eleven paid holidays, 5 sick days, 3 days to volunteer, 15 PTO days as well as an assortment of special use leave days are provided per year, starting in the first year
Hourly Rate: $21.50 (29 hours per week)