LAWS, Loudoun County's designated domestic violence and sexual assault center, is actively seeking a full-time Youth and Child Therapist for our Loudoun Child Advocacy Center (CAC). The Loudoun CAC located in Leesburg, VA, provides a child-focused response to the investigation, treatment and prosecution of child neglect and abuse cases. The Therapist works in a multidisciplinary team (MDT) environment and provides individual and group therapy to victims of child abuse to reduce trauma symptoms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessments for child victims of trauma and utilize standardized assessment measures to identify trauma-related symptoms
- Provide treatment services, including crisis intervention, TF-CBT, and group therapy, to child victims of trauma and non-offending family members
- Refer clients with non-trauma related mental health concerns to appropriate community providers as needed to ensure access to indicated treatment
- Maintain orderly, accurate, HIPAA-compliant case files, including assessments, treatment plans, progress notes and termination summaries
- Effectively compile and prepare statistical reports, case records, data, and input information into data tracking software
- Maintain detailed case records and other documentation
- Provide expert testimony in court as needed
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with persons from varied backgrounds, including law enforcement, child protective service workers, attorneys, medical personnel, and victim advocates
- Maintain current licensure and/or certifications
- Attend all required staff meetings, case reviews, trainings and conferences
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Licensed preferred; working under supervision for licensure required.
- Minimum 1-year experience providing professional counseling to children and families; previous experience in TF-CBT and working with child victims of crime preferred
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Work effectively under stressful conditions, while demonstrating discretion and good judgment in handling confidential matters and sensitive information
- Possess tact, good judgment, and flexibility
- Ability to work as a team member with individuals from a variety of disciplines
- Ability to respond quickly to challenges
- Strong and effective spoken and written (English) communication skills; Spanish fluency and ability to interpret a plus
- Schedule is based on the needs of clients; flexibility is required. Some evenings and weekends required
- Clear Child Protective Services, Criminal, Motor Vehicle, and Sex Offender Registry background checks required.
Salary from: $50,000 to $60,000
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to LAWSHR@lcsj.org and include the position title in email subject line.