The Vice President of Resource Development, Fundraising, and United Way Campaign will work cross functionally with other staff members to raise funds which will be used to improve community conditions. The successful candidate must have the ability to work with diverse groups of people; effectively lead and recruit volunteers and will be an active participant in a variety of community partnerships, coalitions, and organizations.
Experience in the non-profit sector is important for this position; and the Vice President must be able to manage and juggle community efforts with organizations of service funded by United Way. The candidate must be detail oriented, able to prioritize and contribute within a cross functional organization.
- The Vice President must be able to write and edit clearly and present to the public.
- The position requires the use of courtesy, tact and discretion.
- The ability to summarize data into common language and develop relevant compelling reports and marketing materials is also essential.
- Familiarity with the application of collective impact principles and strategies that lead to community-level change are preferred.
- This person must be able to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Must have a minimum of 7-14 successful years in resource development with direct fundraising experience, leadership and staff management and supervision.
- The candidate must be a kind person, who has working knowledge of what it is to be a servant leader and someone who helps others become successful and visible.