In this position, you will work directly with school and corporate partners, existing and new, in a territory that includes Las Vegas, Clark County and surrounding areas.
You will be responsible for implementing the AHA's Kids Heart Challenge TM event as the liaison with school-based coordinators, (typically PE Teachers/school principals/superintendents) to raise funds through our educational fundraising program.
This position will be directly responsible for meeting an overall fundraising goal of $250K. This is a field position that requires extensive local travel and will be home-office based.
- Achieve fundraising goal through providing exceptional customer service, account management, initiative and follow-through
- Recruit and manage K-12 school accounts (existing and new) to participate in Kids Heart Challenge within the assigned geographic territory
- Prospect and secure corporate sponsorships; develop and implement year-round pipelines and cultivation plans for sponsorship accounts
- Recruit, train, coach and motivate volunteers in Youth Market products and services
- Identify, recruit and build strong relationships with volunteers including School Districts, Principals, Teachers and Parent Teacher Associations
- Manage customer and campaign information utilizing AHA systems accurate, timely and completely
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in progressively responsible outside sales or fundraising position with a proven track record in meeting sales/fundraising goals.
- Ability to work evenings on occasion and drive locally approximately 75% of the time.
- Strong cold-calling, relationship-building and customer service skills
- Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer coaching and management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications and ability to maintain a high volume of account data in a timely and accurate manner
- Highly effective organizational, multitasking, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Willing and able to travel extensively within the territory. Must have valid driver’s license, auto insurance and personal vehicle or other reasonable form of transportation
- Ability to lift 15-20 pounds to transport supplies and materials
- Knowledge of school market a plus
- Experience in K-12 school sales or fundraising, educational sales
- Track record with corporate sponsorship sales