We currently have an exciting opportunity for a fundraising or sales professional as a Business Development Director in our Orange County Division based in Irvine. As the Director, you are part of a staff and volunteer team responsible for the overall planning, management and implementation of the Heart Walk campaign and share in an overall revenue goal of $2.4M .
- Achieves the overall revenue team goal generated primarily through corporate fundraising
- Manages current corporate accounts to maintain and grow revenue through cash sponsorship at $10K+ and employee participation.
- Develops an effective prospect pipeline focused on new corporate development resulting in new sponsorship and employee engagement
- Manages assigned community Heart Walk teams to achieve fundraising/sales goals
- Adheres to established Best Practices, benchmarks and timelines and conducts active B2B outreach and community networking through 10+ face to face meetings on weekly basis
- 2-3 years successful experience in fundraising, outside sales or marketing
- Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment, training, and management
- Highly effective organizational, communication, negotiations and interpersonal skills. Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Self-starter able to work well in a team driven environment
- Knowledge of AHA’s mission and programs
- Ability to delegate and accomplish goals through volunteers.
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends as needed
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Experience with the American Heart Association or similar nonprofit organization
- Experience in securing high level corporate cash sponsorship
- B2B experience including new business development