The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a School Fundraising Director . The ideal candidate will be located in or very close to the Cedar Rapids or Iowa City areas. Will have a home office set-up .
The Director will primarily handle the overall implementation and promotion of our K-12 school fundraising events in assigned counties in eastern Iowa.
This is a fast paced sales type of position with the main accountability of driving revenue.
To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform the Heart U as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
- Prospect and secure school participation using outside sales methods.
- Recruit, train, and motivate School Coordinators (mainly PE teachers) to implement and coordinate the fundraisers and achieve the fundraising goal.
- Attend and speak at kick-off assembly events at schools holding the fundraisers.
- Ensure each school has the materials and resources needed to have a successful event.
- Be a daily “road warrior.”
- Perform summer cultivation with school administrators at both the school and district level.
- Solicit corporate sponsorships in the summer for school educational programs.
- Experience in fundraising or outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement.
- Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years experience equates to 1 full-time year of higher education.
- Ability to recruit, train and counsel School Coordinators to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to transport materials and other supplies to and from meetings and events.
- Ability to do daily travel up to 75% and overnight travel up to 25%.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 or higher used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.