United Way St. Croix Valley advances the common good by creating opportunities for all. We focus on projects supporting education, income, and health–the building blocks for a good quality of life. We work with organizations and individuals to solve community problems in St. Croix, Pierce, and Polk counties. This position is located in Hudson, one of the fastest growing cities in Wisconsin and only a short drive from the Twin Cities. The city is located on the St. Croix River surrounded by beautiful natural spaces. The Connected Communities Initiative aims to connect rural and underserved residents across Wisconsin to services they need to overcome poverty. As a Connected Communities VISTA, you will build capacity for 2-1-1 and Volunteer Wisconsin so service providers can expand their impact. This capacity will be built by increasing awareness of both programs, improving systems and procedures, fundraising, and developing partnerships. 2-1-1 is a simple, free way to connect all people in need with vital human services for everyday life or in times of crisis. By dialing 2-1-1 anywhere in the state of Wisconsin, people are linked to information about local resources, 24 hours, every day, all year. Volunteer Wisconsin aims to connect volunteers, promote volunteering, and support the capacity of nonprofits. Our mission is to leverage volunteer capabilities and local assets to enhance Wisconsin communities. Successful applicants will be service-minded, computer-savvy, and eager to learn! Prepare to experience several aspects of nonprofit organizations and network with dozens of partners across the human services, health care, government, and nonprofit sectors. Each member will create a professional development plan during their orientation and receive several trainings throughout their service year. Additionally, you will have a unique chance to dig deep into the problems Wisconsinites are facing and be part of the solution for many struggling families.
Help connect Wisconsin residents to the services they need! You will increase awareness, improve systems, and build capacity for 2-1-1 and Volunteer Wisconsin in Pierce, Polk & St. Croix Counties.
As a VISTA member at United Way St. Croix Valley you will help end poverty by increasing awareness, capacity and use of 2-1-1 Wisconsin and Volunteer Wisconsin to better connect people to services they need and volunteer opportunities. Major functions will include:
- Develop a community assessment report to analyze service disparities and community needs
- Improve outreach and marketing systems to promote 2-1-1 and volunteerism in target communities
- Optimize resource database systems to improve customer service and resource maintenance
- Develop a baseline of resources existing in target community’s database
- Enhance reporting systems to accurately represent data to the community and stakeholders
- Increase capacity of organizations by expanding usage of volunteer maintenance platform
- 18 years old
- US Citizens, nationals, or legal residents
- Successfully complete a criminal background check.
- VISTA is a full-time commitment
- Political advocacy, organizing or demonstrating while on VISTA duty, or while perceived to be on duty, is prohibited
Salary: Less than $20,000 per year
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Choice of education award or stipend
- Education award upon successful completion of service
- Health coverage
- Living allowance
- Relocation allowance