The American Heart Association (AHA) has an opportunity for an Administrative Specialist for Youth Fundraising (Youth Market Specialist) in our SouthWest Affiliate, based in our Houston, TX office. You will support fundraising efforts in the education sector by having a revenue goal achieved through contacting select schools; pulling weekly reports to support fundraising at these schools; report review and internet research to ensure accurate information exists for each school’s superintendent and staff as well as any survivor stories that may exist at these schools.
- You spend approximately one day per week emailing and calling schools to ensure they have the materials and support the need to get them online and to answer any questions they may have
- You call on schools late in the year to follow up on overdue donations
- You begin each week pulling data and reports from various systems and use this information to support field staff in getting more schools to use online giving resources.
- You pull additional reports detailing all fundraising field staff in your group for the purpose of showing their relative progress on fundraising goals.
- You contact the highest fundraising schools to help them in their efforts to use online giving by providing support and guidance.
Support Superintendent Cultivation
- You spend several days each quarter conducting research on school websites to ensure accurate information exists for superintendents and their support staff. This information is sent to field staff to support their cultivation efforts.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high volume work environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Must pass background check.
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Non-smoking environment.