The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for Sr. Community Impact Director, Healthcare position in our Denver office that is part of AHA’s SouthWest Affiliate. This position is responsible for identifying, cultivating, nurturing and expanding key community relationships to further AHA mission and fundraising goals in the assigned market. Responsible for developing and facilitating execution of a strategic plan for engaging each market in both development and mission activities that result in increased revenue, volunteer engagement, and health impact.
- Cultivate as needed and support executive relationships within healthcare systems, hospitals, and as appropriate, insurance providers in order to facilitate collaboration across revenue and impact work. Establish and support C-Suite relationships with all healthcare systems in the area.
- Connect hospital leaders with AHA business lines in order to maximize engagement. Demonstrate increased engagement of volunteers from all major healthcare systems in board, event, and mission impact leadership committees.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive strategic plan for healthcare system engagement in impact and revenue work across the market including increasing new dollars from health systems.
- Facilitate hospital and health system participation in collective impact work in community.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive plan for hospital systems engagement across all revenue, volunteer, and mission work in market. Increase healthcare system engagement in workplace health improvement including completion of workplace health achievement index.
- Lead AHA in connecting with and leveraging hospital population health work including all Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA), Community Benefit, and other community-facing work. Increase system and employee engagement in AHA core events and explore new innovative opportunities. Demonstrate expertise in CHNA and Community Benefit work of local hospital systems and facilitate collaboration on areas of common interest with each other and other community stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Resuscitation Quality Improvement (RQI) and Quality Improvement (QI) affiliate staff to engage hospitals in program and improve outcomes.
- Supervise the work of the administrative associates who support the health strategies team.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Five (5) years of experience developing community led programs, projects or events.
- Five (5) years of experience engaging, motivating and retaining volunteer leaders.
- Five (5) years of experience in fundraising or business development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of AHA mission programs.
- Three (3) years of experience in strategic planning and plan execution.
- Three (3) years of staff management experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in healthcare systems change or improvement.
- Three (3) years of experience in community health and population benefit education.