Coordinates volunteer events and educational opportunities for United Way workplace campaigns, affinity groups and donor prospects to learn more about United Way’s work and impact and to create a positive and engaging volunteer experience. Responsibilities include planning and implementing year-round volunteer engagement efforts in coordination with internal departments and external partners, project/material procurement, overseeing project communication, maintaining project expenses, budgets and any associated wrap-up activities.
- Responsible for overseeing the Volunteer Engagement experiences for United Way donor groups and community members, coordinating with Donor Relations and Community Impact teams to develop, promote and implement meaningful experiences that align with the United Way’s mission and strategy. Develops project plans including setting project scope, securing all required supplies and partner agencies, and leads and executes high quality projects. Coordinates communication strategies, reporting and budgeting with other United Way divisions and participating entities. Works to ensures that client/company goals are met, ensures the overall volunteer experience is positive, prioritizes volunteer safety and secures required volunteer waivers prior to an event.
- Cultivates relationships with community partners, including United Way affiliates and funded partners, and secures partnerships for hosting United Way volunteer projects throughout the year. Collaborates and communicates effectively with agencies throughout the year about scheduled projects, United Way project needs, and additional agency requests.
- Works with Volunteer Engagement Manager and Vice President - Brand to continuously improve Volunteer Engagement processes.
- Participates in special projects and organization activities including other volunteer engagement events, Campaign Leaders Conference, Impact Days, Campaign Kick Off, Loaned Executive Program and Final Event celebration.
- Performs general administrative support including, but not limited to preparing RSVP lists and name tags for events, and general event support for Brand.
- 2 years professional experience performing similar duties.
- Five (5) years experience required without degree.