The American Heart Association has an exciting opportunity in our Hawaii Division for a Senior Community Impact Director to lead our efforts in making an extraordinary impact.
In this role, you will drive the planning, implementation and evaluation of strategies and plans to achieve health impact goals that make longer, healthier lives possible! Specific focus areas include hypertension, cholesterol, nutrition, obesity, and physical activity. This position leads the integration of population health strategies in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Develop an overall community action plan that includes engagement and positioning strategies, working towards organizational health impact goals including blood pressure management, worksite wellness and other health impact initiatives.
- Build a network of influential volunteer and partner relationships to create a sustainable culture of health. Actively identify, recruit, orient, and lead volunteers including senior level executives and community leaders.
- Drive direct health impact via targeted strategic community alliances (i.e., faith-based institutions, community centers etc.) and corporate relationships (i.e., Top 25 Companies, sponsors, etc.)
- Build and implement a cross-functional hypertension and cholesterol control strategy in the market with strong integration of Health Strategies and Development teams.
- Model AHA leadership competencies in managing, developing and engaging staff to achieve organizational objectives.
- 3 years or more related, progressively responsible experience
- Experience building effective teams of staff and volunteers
- Track record in strategic planning and execution
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence desired outcomes across partners
- Ability to think strategically, analyze market data, identify key trends
- Master's degree in Public Health or related field and AHA experience preferred