We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director (sales/fundraising)to oversee our Heart Ball and Beat campaigns within our Honolulu Division.Our Heart Ball campaigncelebrates the AHA’s advancing efforts to change health outcomes as they related to heart disease and stroke. Beat is Honolulu’s young professionals event that brings together young leaders from the corporate, medical, philanthropic, entertainment, fashion, social and professional communities to raise funds and awareness of the AHA’s mission.
This position will be responsible for an overall fundraising goal of $1.5M. Both events will be managed and implemented through event chair and volunteer committee recruitment, solicitation of sponsorships and individual giving, auction production and overall event coordination.
- Identifying and recruiting a group of an influential, financially strong and inclusive volunteer leadership members to support campaign
- Activating and motivating volunteer leadership team through their personal and corporate giving and influencing involvement and giving of others
- Developing a year-round pipeline and cultivation plan for corporate accounts and donors with an approach that matches donor interests with the AHA mission
- Driving new business development through sponsorship and corporate fundraising. High focus on developing relationships with new companies
- Planning, managing and executing events and strategically evaluating campaign growth opportunities
- Conducting community networking and outreach through 10+ face-to-face meetings on weekly basis with donors, volunteers and sponsor prospects
- Communicating timely with Senior Business Development Director, Executive Director and internal and external customers
- Manage coordinator who is responsible for event logistics including, but not limited to, event promotions, entertainment, live and silent auctions.
- Promoting a team-oriented environment where open and collaborative communication is understood as a requirement for success
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fundraising, sales, business development or marketing
- Ability to recruit, train and manage volunteers
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and motivation
- Ability to apply sound judgment and problem-solving skills to conflicts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends on occasion
- Proven outside sales experience, business-to-business experience
- Knowledge and skills in fundraising principles, practices and techniques
- Experience managing and cultivating high-level leaders at the c-suite level
- Knowledge of local corporate and community networks
- Knowledge of AHA's mission and programs