We are searching for a dynamic fundraiser or corporate sales professional to join us as the Development Director- (Heart Ball). In this role, you will focus on the Broward County Heart Ball out of our Hollywood, FL office.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with corporate and community partners;
- Driving new business development through selling sponsorships and generating participant income for the annual Heart Ball event;
- Developing new company and volunteer recruitment plans as well as driving income goals;
- Recruiting and stewarding c-suite volunteer leaders based on nationally established methodologies;
- Establishing relationships with affluent individual donors and foundations and achieving dollar results for the Heart Ball;
- Monitoring participant fundraising trends and implementing proven strategies to improve income;
- Conducting a minimum of 10 face to face meetings per week
- Building a network of meaningful volunteer partnerships to advance our mission.
You will report to the Vice President of Development and will be based in our Hollywood office.
Want to move your resume to the top and have the opportunity to become a “ Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives ”, here are some of areas to consider:
- you will want to have demonstrated success in achieving assigned sales or fundraising revenue goals;
- you should have the knowledge and ability to successfully identify, cultivate, recruit, and manage relationships with top-level level volunteers/customers,
- we would like you to have excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and social skills;
- your experience in understanding and navigating corporate cultures to achieve goals will be invaluable;
- are you willing to work outside of standard hours in support of your events, sponsors and volunteers including evenings and weekends as needed;
- are you able to travel within your territory daily as well as occasional travel to other locations?
To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform the Heart U as well as our sales training & relationship development program- Building Powerful Partnerships which received a 2017 Learning! 100 Award from Elearning! Media Group, and various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
- Attracting hardworking, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
- Our Rewards & Benefits package not only gives you the total benefits you want, but also goes above and beyond with creative programs to develop your skills – helping you grow and thrive at the American Heart Association.
- While we can only contact those applicants deemed most qualified for the position, we do appreciate all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. You can expect to hear from us within one week from the receipt of your application in most cases.