Are you ready to put your dynamic skills as a corporate sales or fundraising professional to the test? If so, read on to learn how you can join our team of hardworking development staff as we lead the charge in funding critical research, advocacy and educational programs to raise awareness about heart disease and stroke.
Is it about the money? Sure, but it’s about so much more. To continue the fight against the number 1 and number 5 causes of death in the world, we need dedicated staff who can engage and motivate our past, present and future volunteers and donors to become passionate about our important mission and fundraising strategies.
If you have the desire to take your career to the next level, apply now to join our team as a Development Director in our Richmond, VA region. You will have the opportunity to work on either the Heart Walk, or Heart Ball campaigns. As the Director you will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with corporate and community partners;
- Driving new business development through selling sponsorships and generating participant income for the assigned campaign;
- Developing new company and volunteer recruitment plans as well as driving income goals;
- Recruiting and stewarding c-suite volunteer leaders based on nationally established methodologies;
- Driving peer-to-peer fundraising;
- Establishing relationships with affluent individual donors and foundations and achieving dollar results;
- Monitoring participant fundraising trends and implementing proven strategies to improve income;
- Conducting a minimum of 10 face to face meetings per week
- Building a network of meaningful volunteer partnerships to advance our mission.
You will report to the VP of Development and will be based in our Richmond, VA office. (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Want to move your resume to the top so that you can become a “Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives” ? Here are some things to consider:
- having at least 2 years of sales or fundraising experience is important;
- you will want to have demonstrated success in achieving assigned sales or fundraising revenue goals;
- you should have the knowledge and ability to successfully identify, cultivate, recruit, and manage relationships with top-level level volunteers/customers,
- we would like you to have excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and social skills;
- you are a self-starter who makes things happen;
- your experience in understanding and navigating corporate cultures to achieve goals will be invaluable;
- you are willing to work outside of standard hours in support of your events, sponsors and volunteers including evenings and weekends as needed;
- are you able to travel within your territory daily as well as occasional travel to other locations?
If you believe this describes you then apply now for immediate consideration.
To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform the Heart U as well as our sales training & relationship development program- Building Powerful Partnerships which received a 2017 Learning! 100 Award from Elearning! Media Group, and various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
Attracting hardworking, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
Our Rewards & Benefits package not only gives you the total benefits you want, but also goes above and beyond with creative programs to develop your skills – helping you grow and thrive at the American Heart Association.