Responsibilities include the resource development activities of the Affiliate, works with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to conduct the annual operating campaign, special fundraising initiatives and ongoing endowment building efforts through major gift and planned giving solicitation, responsible for Donors and the contribution database. Comfortable with writing grants and managing their lifecycle.
Responsibilities include management of the Agency’s community relations and marketing by development of marketing materials to educate the public about HFH services, corporate volunteer opportunities, recruiting corporate volunteers, managing special events, participating in public relations events in the community.
- Achieve annual fundraising goals and maintain overall year after year increases in revenue generating activities. ($750,000 in FY 2018-2019)
- Maintain and update the Affiliate Development Plan.
- Assess the current fundraising initiatives that support the operating revenues.
- Plan and implement the annual operating campaigns.
- Research and submit grant opportunities to support the mission of the agency
- Build donor base to support operations.
- Speak on behalf of the agency at multiple events (minimum 2 per month.)
- Work with the Board of Directors in fundraising efforts.
- Develop an annual plan for sending out marketing mailings to various referral sources and to implement the plan.
- Responsible for writing, editing and publishing all marketing materials to be used by the Affiliate including brochures, stationary, envelopes and other items as needed and authorized by Executive Director.
- Responsible for the writing, editing and publishing of donor newsletter, press releases, etc; ensuring clear, consistent, and accurate Habitat Branding across all platforms.
- Obtains quotes from local printers for printing work on all items that bear the Agency’s logo.
Management of Special Events (10%)
- Responsible for yearly fundraising events along with the Development committee.
- Develop opportunities for businesses and agencies to volunteer with HFHNWI on community projects.
- Responsible for developing Affiliate special events.
- Responsible for the Speaker’s Bureau for the Agency and foster participation by Board members and Volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Manager on special volunteer events.
- Attend meetings of community groups that deal with issues related to our services as authorized by Executive Director.
Donor Data Base (5%)
- Insure that all contributions, both monetary and in-kind, are accurately entered into the Donor database.
- Responsible for reviewing the mailing lists generated by the data base for accuracy and any duplications.
- Responsible for verifying information on the Annual Report from database.
- Work with the Executive Director on any computer problem related to database.
- Ensure that all contributors, both monetary and in-kind, are acknowledged by letter and listed in our Annual Report.
Recruitment of Volunteers (5%)
- Work with the Volunteer Manager to develop a plan to recruit a sufficient number of volunteers to ensure volunteer positions are adequately staffed.
- Act as a recruiter for businesses and corporations interested in our Corporate Volunteer Program/ Women Build.
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Manger to maintain relationships with Corporate Volunteers.
- Attend civic, social and business groups’ speaking engagements, attend health fairs, United Way events and others as available or at the request of the Executive Director.
- Grant writing and award management experience.
- Excellent Writing skills
- Presentation and Communication Skills
- Goal Oriented
- Creative when facing challenges and opportunities
- Motivated by Habitat for Humanity’s mission and vision
- Team Player; understanding that everyone’s role is critical to the success of the Affiliate.
- Valid Drivers license