The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Fundraising Director (Youth Market Director) in our Dallas OR Fort Worth office. Under the direction of the Youth Market Manager, the Fundraising Director is responsible for implementing the American Heart Association's American Heart Challenge events. This position works with school based coordinators, (typically the PE Teacher) and the school principal to raise funds through our school based educational fundraising program in secondary schools. The Fundraising Director will act as the American Heart Association liaison with superintendents, district staff, and school-based staff in a territory that is between Dallas and Fort Worth.
This position is also responsible for performing assemblies throughout many of the schools and must be comfortable presenting to a large amount of children and adults. This position is responsible for achieving income and recruitment goals through the management of existing customers, and prospecting for and cultivating of new school accounts. This position has a fundraising goal this year of approximately $250,000.
This position requires you to be in the territory 85% of your time. We offer a yearly salary, a yearly incentive for exceeding the fundraising goals for the position, travel reimbursement and a great benefits package. Position can be in office (in Dallas or Fort Worth) or home based.
- Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years’ experience equates to 1 full time year of higher education.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, including proven success in sales or fundraising required.
- Must have the ability to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have proficient knowledge and skill with office-related computer programs used for word processing, email, and spreadsheets and be very organized.
- Must be at least 18 years old.