The Gift in Kind (GIK) portfolio is a large component of Corporate Partnerships fundraising, encompassing ongoing donations as well as donations in emergency situations, both in the U.S. and around the world where Save the Children operates. This position will support the prospecting, outreach, and overall support of the GIK team.
As an intern or skilled volunteer, you will be given the opportunity to network with other Save the Children interns, volunteers and employees and participate in learning sessions about various topics spanning the breadth of Save the Children's work. Through this experience, you will gain a greater understanding about the international development community and how it intersects with the private sector. You will also gain transferable skills that are applicable to a variety of roles, particularly in the non-profit industry, marketing, sales, and client services.
- Prepare overviews on prospect companies
- Research companies who may provide GIK in particular industries
- Participate in / prepare materials for fundraising outreach calls to prospects
- Support for Skills-Based Volunteering projects as needed
- General administrative support within GIK as needed
- Possess strong written skills, solid interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be eligible to intern or volunteer in the U.S.
- To be classified as an intern: (Minimum requirement is a letter of support and documentation is required only after an internship is offered.)
- Any individual who is not a student or able to receive credit may apply for an internship, but will be classified as a skilled volunteer, not as an intern.
- Structured learning and development program
- Meaningful work under the direct supervision of an experienced Save the Children staff member
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Networking program with managers across the organization
- Flexible schedule
- A family friendly work environment
- The knowledge that the work you are supporting is changing the lives of children all around the world