The Easterseals Rehabilitation Center in Evansville, IN, has an immediate opening for a Group Home Assistant Manager! We are looking for committed, caring individuals to provide direct care to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities while reaching their goals for independence.
For nearly 75 years, the Easterseals Rehabilitation Center has built a reputation of excellence in providing innovative and creative, top quality programs and services for people with disabilities in the Tri-State area.
Group Home Assistant Managers work hands-on with individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities and assist them with completion of personal care, medication administration, and daily living skills. The Group Home Assistant Manager also assists with management responsibilities, including:
- Training new direct care staff
- Planning outings
- Maintaining supplies
- Completing management responsibilities in the manager's absence
High performers in this role will have excellent opportunity for career advancement!
This position is full-time, non-exempt, working approximately 40 hours per week. Weekday split shift hours (5am-8am and 2pm-9pm) and weekend hours (6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm) are required along with a rotating on-call schedule.
- A valid driver's license & proof of car insurance
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership skills and the ability to learn new tasks quickly
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to life 70 pounds occasionally and 40 pounds routinely
- Pass a physical, TB test, drug screen, and background checks
- Ideal candidate will have experience working with individuals with disabilities and/or providing direct care for others and directing/training staff.
- Prior supervisory experience
We offer a full benefits package for full-time employees, including:
- Starting pay at $13.25/hour
- PayActiv: Gain access to a portion of your Earned Income before payday!
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Company provided CPR training