The Board of Directors of the United Way of Cecil County, Maryland seeks the services of an experienced Executive Director to guide our $300,000 organization. This is a unique opportunity to help a well-established organization re-tool to meet the needs of a changing community. The Executive Director will provide strong, innovative, collaborative leadership to create and build awareness of the role of United Way in Cecil County. The Executive Director will maintain accountability for the overall operational and fiscal integrity of the organization within the policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Implement the policies established by the Board of Directors through administration of the organization and its activities.
- Serve as the principal professional resource to the Board of Directors and key committees and assist the Board in policy development and information gathering and interpretation.
- Cultivate relationships and develop local, state, and national networks in an effort to further UWCC’s mission and achieve maximum community impact.
- Manage financial and business affairs, including the annual campaign, operating budgets, collections and disbursement and accounting of all funds, property, official records and reports.
- Serve as a member of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and all other committees of the UWCC.
- Assess potential collaboration opportunities that will enhance organizational value and improve efficiency.
- All other functions assigned by the Board.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills; outgoing and comfortable with public speaking.
- Present a professional image to the community; interact and meet with the public comfortably.
- Possess knowledge and familiarity with the community.
- Understand and be proficient in finance and accounting consistent with the needs of the organization.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized and able to work independently effectively.
Salary: $45,000 - $65,000
Benefits are negotiable. Relocation costs will not be reimbursed by United Way. The United Way of Cecil County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, political affiliation, or handicap. EOE/AA/ADA