We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Development Director, Gala in our Eagan office.
The Sr. Director will serve in a player/coach role and oversee fundraising, volunteer recruitment and management, and event logistics for our annual Twin Cities Heart Ball (gala). Will provide coaching and supervision to one Development Director, Gala.
The main accountability of the Sr. Director is to drive revenue for the event.
- Prospect and secure local corporate sponsorships, individual donations, and auction items
- Recruit and manage executive volunteer leadership and committees
- Guide and direct assigned staff to reach goals
- Develop profiles on the top businesses within the Twin Cities area with a documented plan to secure their involvement
- Work closely with a Communications Director to develop and manage a promotions/communication plan for the event
- Execute the event logistics based on national best practices
- 3+ years of experience in fundraising or outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position ’ s educational requirement.
- 1+ year of experience in a management capacity. This experience may occur within the 3-year related experience requirement. Experience gained through direct internal work on AHA projects/priorities may substitute for this requirement and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years experience equates to 1 full-time year of higher education.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation, and training. Skill in written communications to include clear and concise narrative reports, evaluations and similar narrative pieces.
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze number goals, as well as fundraising reports. Skill in use of spreadsheet/database analysis. Ability to do daily travel up to 75% and overnight travel up to 25%.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 or higher used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.