Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.
We have an excellent opportunity for a School Fundraising Director in Eagan. Will have a home office set-up.
To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform the Heart U as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
The Director will implement our American Heart Challenge events, which are middle/high school-based educational fundraising programs. Will act as the American Heart Association liaison with superintendents, district staff, and school-based staff. The territory is the metro Twin Cities area.
This is a fast-paced sales type of position with the main accountability of driving revenue.
- Prospect and secure school participation using outside sales methods.
- Recruit, train, and motivate School Coordinators (ex. teachers) to implement and coordinate the fundraisers and achieve the fundraising goal.
- Attend and speak at kick-off assembly events at schools holding the fundraisers.
- Ensure each school has the materials and resources needed to have a successful event.
- Be a daily “road warrior.”
- Perform summer cultivation with school administrators at both the school and district level.
- Solicit corporate sponsorships in the summer for school educational programs.
- Experience in fundraising or outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement.
- Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years experience equates to 1 full-time year of higher education.
- Ability to recruit, train and counsel School Coordinators to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to transport materials and other supplies to and from meetings and events.
- Ability to do daily travel up to 75% and overnight travel up to 25%.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 or higher used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.