We have an excellent opportunity for a Development Director, Youth Market . The ideal candidate will be located in Hennepin, Ramsey or Washington County.
The Director will primarily handle the overall implementation and promotion of our K-12 school fundraising events in Hennepin, Ramsey, and Washington counties. Director will have the option of being based in our Eagan office or a home office set up.
The main accountability of the Director is to drive revenue through the fundraising events.
- Prospect and secure school participation.
- Recruit, train, and motivate School Coordinators (mainly PE teachers) to implement and coordinate the fundraisers.
- Attend and speak at kick-off assembly events at schools holding the fundraisers.
- Ensure each school has the materials and resources needed to have a successful event.
- Be a daily “road warrior.”
- Perform summer cultivation with school administrators at both the school and district level.
- Solicit corporate sponsorships in the summer for school educational programs.
- Experience in fundraising or outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement.
- Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years experience equates to 1 full-time year of higher education.
- Ability to recruit, train and counsel volunteers to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to transport materials and other supplies to and from meetings and events.
- Ability to do daily travel up to 75% and overnight travel up to 25%.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 or higher used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds with the expectation that items in excess of 20 pounds would be broken down into smaller components or additional assistance is required before lifting and/or moving.