To oversee the financial, human resources and information technology functions of the organization to ensure fiscal accountability and legal compliance to donors and the community.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Monitor & Oversee Organization Finances
- Cash Management
- Interim Statements
- Foundation / Investments
- Annual Audit
- Legal Compliance
- Non Profit & UWW Compliance
- Develop & Monitor Organization Budget
- Aligned with organization goals
- Present to board, etc.
- No waste, fiscal responsibility
- Stewardship of donor dollars
- Serve as a member of Executive Team
- Model culture
- Ensure departments are aligned
- Oversee all Human Resource Functions
- Hiring Processes
- Payroll / 401k / Benefits
- Legal compliance
- Staff Development
- Monitor & Oversee Information Technology Functions
- Network systems i.e., phone, fax, internet, etc., up and running with minimal downtime
- CRM systems
- Ensure organization has the IT resources it needs
- Staffing of volunteer committees
- Finance Review Committee
- Investment Review Committee
BA or equivalent in Accounting or Finance,
- 5-plus years of work experience in non-profit accounting with 3-plus years of direct supervisory experience.
- Proficient in GAAP and FASB, particularly 116 and 117, guidance as applied to not-for-profit accounting
- Ability to properly interpret financial data and transactions for production of accurate financial statements, Experience in annual budgeting and longer-term strategic planning,
- Ability to recognize and institute proper accounting controls for cash, general, and subsidiary ledgers,
- Demonstrated skills in the development and supervision of staff
- Comfort and proficiency with presentation skills both one-on-one and publicly.
- Fluent in the English language, both oral and written, including correct punctuation, spelling and grammatical usage.
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way.
May 15 2019
Jun 15 2019
United Way Worldwide