The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Bioinformaticist based out of our National Center office located in Dallas, TX!
This individual will be responsible for developing and distributing specialized data analysis and integration for production of healthcare informatics for the Institute of Precision Medicine. Additional responsibilities include collaborating with stakeholders and staff to provide customized datasets and informational reports to integrate and enable research, implementation science, and education activities in Precision Medicine (PM) for the cardiovascular and stroke communities as well as supporting development of the Precision Medicine data discovery portal resource and digital ecosystem.
- Evaluates and interprets epidemiology and genome data sets, manage the data and ensure consistent use of the date sets for purposes of reporting.
- Mines and integrates both structured and unstructured data elements from multiple sources to produce datasets and reports for education and research in Precision Medicine
- Develops, programs and maintains application interfaces, report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, customized reports and other end-user (consumer-facing) information portals or resources
- Uses system tools, queries and scripts to develop and generate customized data analysis and reporting information
- Builds and troubleshoots distributed management systems and data pipelines to expand and provide access to research data and information as requested or assigned
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in Software as a Service development or analysis.
- Experience with data search, data analytics, and algorithm design.
- Experience in scientific research database administration or development.
- Advanced experience with programming scripts in Python, R, C/C++.
- Proficient at developing user interfaces and database dashboards.
- Knowledge of Genomics & Epidemiology strongly preferred
- Must be able to travel local and overnight approx. 20% of the time.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Health Informatics