The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Youth Market Director in our Great Rivers Affiliate Pittsburgh territory. The ideal candidate for this position will be based in the Cranberry, PA or the greater Pittsburgh area and will work from a home office (the successful candidate will need to be able to accomodate a home office).
The focus areas for this territory include the following counties: Erie, Crawford, Warren, McKean, Potter, Cameron, Clinton, Mercer, Lawrence, Beaver, Butler, Venango, Clarion, Forest, Armstrong.
The Youth Market Director is responsible for implementing the American Heart Association's school-based fundraising programs in elementary, middle and high schools throughout their assigned territory. This position works with high level district school executives, school based coordinators, and school based committees to raise funds through our school based educational fundraising program. The Director will act as the American Heart Association liaison with schools in the territory and is responsible for achieving income and recruitment goals through the management of existing customers, and prospecting for and cultivating of new school accounts. This Director is responsible for an overall fundraising goal in excess of $360,000.
The Director will be accountable for donor solicitation, volunteer and participant recruitment, training and management activities including volunteer management to reach community participation and income goals. Strong sales skills are needed to engage individuals and businesses of all sizes as donors, participants and volunteer leaders. The Director will work with a community based volunteer committee, including community partners creating a grassroots movement to set people on a journey to better health.
- Coordinates, plans and implements activities and resources necessary to achieve Youth Market territory fundraising goal.
- Provides vision and strategy through best practices for school-based events including managing the jump rope program in the schools as part of Kids Heart Challenge .
- Accurate data entry into AHA (Microsoft Dynamics) database to ensure reporting and campaign progress are tracked
- Performs other duties as assigned
- At least two years of sales experience or equivalent years of experience in territory management, community organization/volunteer management or fund raising.
- Ability to work independently and resourcefully, is a self-motivated individual.
- Ability to multi-task (consistently handling multiple events at the same time).
- Proven territory management skills.
- Proven outside sales experience, business-to-business experience preferred.
- Applied knowledge and intermediate skills in windows applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication including large and small group presentations, group facilitation, and training, ability to speak publicly.
- Knowledge of school systems a plus.
- Preference will be given to candidates who live in territory.
- This is a road warrior position so must hold a valid drivers' license and the ability to travel within territory 80% of the time.