The Vice President of Resource Development and Communications is responsible for all aspects of UWCB’s resource development strategies (Workplace Campaign, corporate gifts and UWCB branded special events) and communication strategies. This includes enhancing/increasing all revenue streams. This position also oversees the planning and execution of strategic communications activities that build the UWCB brand, strengthening relationships with key constituencies. The Vice President of Resource Development leads the resource development department to maintain superior donor relationships and meet measurable revenue goals. This position ensures all resource development and communication activities are in partnership and fully integrated with UWCB’s community impact work.
- Participates as a member of the Leadership Team to provide a united, visible, and strong leadership presence across the organization to help instill new thinking, focus and prioritize efforts, and operationalize the plan to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Assists the President/CEO and Leadership Team in promoting the long-range plans and goals of the organization to the community.
- Provides assistance to the President/CEO in staffing special committees and in the administration of functions that enable the organization to meet its commitments to the community.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Community Impact to ensure all functions of the organization are integrated.
- Works with the President/CEO and CFO to monitor budgets, data analysis and other financial oversight related to resource development and communications.
- Participates in selection of, guides, motivates and participates in the training, professional development and evaluation of direct reports.
- Provides goal-setting, visioning, leadership and strategic direction for RD staff.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion and/or approval of organizational documents, including but not limited to, professional development plans, goals and objectives, timesheets, expense and travel reimbursements, requisitions, performance reviews and ongoing documentation of performance accomplishments and areas requiring improvement.
- Assumes primary staff responsibility for the Campaign Committee, overseeing all activities of the Committee, and providing expertise and support to volunteers.
- Support the Campaign Committee Chair in the execution of duties, including the identification and recruitment of Campaign Committee volunteers.
- Provide goal-setting, visioning, leadership and strategic direction for RD volunteers.
- In conjunction with RD staff, provide expertise and support to workplace campaign and special event volunteers.
- Responsible for managing and leading all resource development (RD) lines of business (workplace campaigns, corporate gifts and UWCB branded special events).
- Works with President/CEO and VP of Community Impact to develop revenue goals and objectives for United Way’s resource development work; and develops and directs the implementation of long- and short-range plans to meet those goals and objectives.
- Work with VP of Community Impact and Volunteer Coordinator to ensure development of volunteers to support resource development work.
- Reviews and analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of resource development work; researches, tests and implements new techniques and materials to improve the effectiveness of the work.
- Lead RD team in the creation of a resource development strategy aligned with organization goals with defined operating plans for each year.
- Plan and implement annual workplace campaign and special events, with and through, all RD team members.
- Stewardship of contributions through prompt acknowledgement and regular communications.
- Development of overall recognition strategy of campaign customers and RD volunteers.
- Analyzes the progress of annual RD operating plan goals and metrics and makes recommendations and changes as needed.
- Builds and supports a discipline of relationship management within the RD department.
- Cultivates and sustains positive, productive relationships with volunteers, community and business leaders, donors, fund recipients and staff.
- Work with the President/CEO, VP of Community Impact and the Communications Director in developing and directing the implementation of long- and short-range plans for the purpose of meeting the organization’s communication goals.
- Work with the Communications Director to develop an annual strategic/tactical communications plan. This includes the design, shape and execution of a comprehensive, multi-faceted donor plan that builds relationships with key audiences and works to position UWCB as the leader in community/collective impact.
- Work with the Communications Director to help UWCB become a true story-telling organization, and train all key stakeholders on brand guidelines and key messaging.
INTERNAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- This position works in support of and under the direction of the President and CEO.
- This position works closely with the Vice President of Community Impact.
- This position supervises resource development staff and the communication director.
- Six years experience in United Way fundraising, fund development field or sales. Personnel and program management experience.
- Possess strong leadership, negotiation, communication, coaching, problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and boards of directors.
- Ability to understand and process data extracted from computerized information systems.
- Ability to deal with mathematical concepts and a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Office products (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook); Andar CRM proficiency preferred.
- Self-confident with personable affect.