Responsible for working with the Executive Director and Board of Directors in planning and coordinating all aspects of fundraising for the affiliate. Develop and implement a marketing plan and strategy to increase the affiliate’s resources including fundraising, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorship acquisition, property, and cultivating new donors and volunteers.
- Fundraising Activities: Work with Fundraising Committee to participate in and support fund raising activities. Analyze current programs and fundraising activities, initiate, and generate new programs and ideas. Work on special giving and sponsorship programs such as the Building Hope Gala, grants, special campaigns, planned giving, etc.
- Marketing: Prepare a comprehensive marketing plan to meet the long-range plan of the affiliate. Identify and pursue sources of corporate and foundation funding, gift planning approaches. Develop, cultivate, and implement major donor solicitation and gift plans. Work with volunteer committee to cultivate volunteers and donors.
- Communication: Develop materials, content and tools for raising funds, including overseeing website, newsletter, brochures, campaign materials, videos, homeowner testimonials. Make presentations to church, civic, and community groups.
- Administration: Provide accurate development reports to Executive Director and Board. Work well as a “team member” with other administrative personnel.
- Strong communications skills, including public speaking and interpersonal communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, database, and PowerPoint)
- Energetic, creative, detail-oriented, and capable of managing multiple tasks
- Self-starter and ability to work both independently and with other staff and volunteers
- Must be comfortable working with a faith-based organization.