YWCA Columbus is one of Columbus, Ohio’s oldest social justice organizations. Our mission, to eliminate racism and empower women serves as a catalyst and advocate for change, justice and good. We fulfill our mission and promote dignity for all by addressing urgent issues for today, supporting those in need through our housing programs, igniting the community by confronting the uncomfortable truths about the things that put people on unequal footing – racism, sexism and poverty, and we are commit to the future generation through our education and leadership programming. YWCA Columbus is part of a national network of YWCA associations across the United States and one of fourteen in Ohio. In 2019, more than 2,800 volunteers, logging more than 12,000 volunteer hours, helped YWCA Columbus fulfill its mission. Our programs served and supported more than 5,000 people in the central Ohio area and we are poised to deliver a greater impact this year.
YWCA Columbus is seeking a passionate and experienced Chief Advancement and Engagement Officer to join our team. As an integral member of the executive team, this position will be responsible for successfully leading, creating, and implementing an integrated fundraising strategy while maintaining and developing relationships.
Oversees and sets the direction and strategy of fund development for the organization, including
· Develops the annual fundraising plan and fundraising goals for the organization
· Oversees fundraising strategy and execution for donor engagement, identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts, individual, foundation and corporate donors on an ongoing basis
· Responsible for high-level oversight of collaborative event planning and integrated marketing strategy
· Oversees dynamic volunteer engagement and material donation programs
· Develops and executes a strategic fundraising and integrated marketing communications plan in collaboration with team members
· Establishes performance measures, monitors results and evaluates the effectiveness of the advancement team and strategies
· Ensures a culture where effective teamwork, collaboration and innovation are expected, recognized and rewarded; leads by example with regard to appropriate risk-taking, cross organizational cooperation and clear standards of conduct
· Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintains accountability standards to donors and ensures compliance with code of ethical principles of professional conduct for fundraising executives
· Represents YWCA Columbus in the community for the purpose of amplifying the reputation by attending and/or speaking at public events
· Oversees the preparation and management of the annual department budget
· Advises the CEO, President and Board of Directors on matters related to fundraising and philanthropy; maintains effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff members, volunteers, individual donors, foundations, corporations and program partners.
Minimum of 7 years professional development experience, with at least 3 years in a leadership role. Minimum of 5 years professional experience managing projects and teams. Minimum 7 years or more experience in fundraising. A demonstrated track record of working with board members, high net worth individuals, private foundations and corporations. Understanding of and experience with a variety of philanthropic channels among them: annual fund and major gift programs, planned giving, and foundation and corporate partnerships Knowledge of Raisers Edge, Microsoft Office Suite and database best practices and management theory.
$90,000-115,000, salary DOE