This position is responsible for the management of day-to-day operations of the SCSEP program (s) within the territory/region partnering with and reporting to the National Director and managing duties such as: Ensure sub-recipient’s compliance via program monitoring based on the SCSEP national grant performance goals for the local Easterseals affiliate organizations operating the grant; provide continuous monitoring and coaching of sub-recipients of the national federal grant administered by Easterseals; Complete monthly trend analysis/reporting and diagnostics; annual monitoring execution and report preparation; and training and technical assistance on program operations and systems for local Easterseals SCSEP affiliate/subgrantees. This position will work very closely with the National Director to establish and manage the goals, expectations and accountability of project leads in multiple states, ensuring the program is meeting performance and financial goals.
Program Operations and Oversight
Assume oversight for designated territory within program operations, reporting, and results for SCSEP grant
- Manages the daily operation of the sub-grantees according to the SCSEP Statement of Work, as described in the grant application.
- Identifies and analyzes potential business partners relative to history with older workers, people with disabilities, and other appropriate variables and develops collaborative relationships that lead to employment opportunities for SCSEP participants.
- Be responsible for meeting or exceeding established fiscal and program goals
- Assures that the Easter Seals SCSEP meets quality and evaluation standards utilizing internal and external evaluation tools and adheres to the requirements and restrictions relevant to grant compliance.
- Work closely with team of diverse program staff to build and implement a program that supports clients and meets program goals
- Ensure that all subrecipients meet all routine SCSEP administrative and program requirements.
- Creates deliverables to be disseminated to participating affiliates related to development of business partnerships and workforce investment system engagement.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all relevant laws, rules, regulations, and instructions that guide national grantees in the implementation of the SCSEP program, including all updated, revised, and new information; communicate them to subrecipients as necessary.
- Solicits orders for job vacancies from business partners, determining their requirements and collecting relevant data such as job descriptions, benefits and work schedules.
- Informs and publicizes job openings to SCSEP affiliates and provides information on company contacts, job duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions and promotion opportunities.
- Collects appropriate data to measure successful outcomes, i.e., how many participants were referred to partner businesses, how many were interviewed and/or hired by the employer, etc.; analyzes data and provides reports to SCSEP National Director, SCSEP affiliates, and Department of Labor.
- Conduct annual scheduled monitoring site visits and data validation reviews with sub- recipients (one per year); prepare site visit monitoring reports within 10 business days following monitoring visit. In consultation with SCSEP National Director team, analyze findings from monitoring reports to determine if specific technical assistance or training needs are indicated.
- Represents Easter Seals and Easter Seals affiliate SCSEP sub-grantees in appropriate forums in efforts to support and partner relationships.
- Participate in Easterseals SCSEP team meetings and prepare follow-up communications with subrecipients on conclusions.
- Conduct monthly (or as needed) monitoring/payroll tracker calls with subrecipients to review program progress on performance measures, spending, progress on work plans, and/or corrective action plans.
- Complete and compile results from quarterly narrative reports for designated affiliate/subgrantees to be sent to the DOL
- Assist the SCSEP National team with the need’s identification, topics, and content of training based on contacts with the subrecipients, analysis of monthly performance, or information on best practices from other national grantees and other external sources; assist and participate in the organization and delivery of training activities as needed.
- Comply with any other specific service and reporting guidelines specified by the DOL and funding sources
- Work closely with to identify and implement organizational best practices, analyze areas for program improvement, and meet requirements for current and prospective funders. Identify program efficiencies and implement.
Database Management and Support:
- Monitors and updates the data captured in the Department of Labor’s SPARQ system; maintains a tracking system to ensure Easterseals compliance with Department of Labor data assessment measures. Records information in the Easterseals
- Trains and updates SCSEP staff members in all aspects of data input, management and reporting through email, phone conferences, Webinars, and site visits, as required. Resolves database errors and rejects as they arise in coordination with local SCSEP staff. Monitors and updates all SPARQ-related contacts and disseminates SPARQ information accordingly.
- Acts as the co-lead /regional person in the development, implementation, and administration of the Department of Labor’s SPARQ system and maintains contact with the DOL’s contractors working on this project (i.e., BCT Partners and Charter Oak Group). Develops a follow-up system to ensure action is taken when required regarding correspondence, requests for information and special projects and reports. Special requests related to SPARQ Local/National Program Operations and Analytics.
- Work with the SCSEP staff on the management of Easterseals SCSEP Salesforce platform according to SCSEP SOP requirements.
- Trains all relevant stakeholders on Salesforce use via a variety of modalities. Work with technical staff on revisions, trainings and updates as necessary. Gather feedback and modifies content and delivery.
Leadership and Workforce Solutions Engagement:
- Provide Community Outreach and development through speaking engagements, attendance at meetings, to inform about program services
- Attend conferences, workshops and or seminars relevant to serving program participants. Incorporate strategies learned in order to improve future service delivery
- Develop collaborative agreements with community service agencies that provide services to clients
- Cultivate existing relationships with partners with the goal of ensuring enough resources, while leveraging access to services
- Partner with other SCSEP grantees, business and industry, and research and policy organizations as necessary around SCSEP and Older Adult and Aging Content
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas
- Enthusiastically supports team members by conducting business ethically and with integrity; demonstrates respect for fellow colleagues; shows dedication to improving quality and is committed to customer service.
- Understands and endorses Easterseals’ mission and values.
- Performs other duties as requested.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop a proven program. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the National Director, National Director, SCSEP and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific requirements include:
- At least 5 years of experience with three of those in a team management role
- Two or more years’ successful experience providing direct technical assistance
- Expertise in administrative and/or data management support experience in responsible position
- Experience in developing and coordinating systems and resources; conceptualizing, planning, executing and evaluating communications and/or marketing activities using various media
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and proven experience negotiating win-win agreements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Easterseals Nonprofit's mission