The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Fundraising Director-Educational Sector (Youth Market Director) for our SouthWest Affiliate in the State of Wyoming. You will be responsible for implementing theAHA's Kids Heart Challengeevent as the liaison with school-based coordinators, (typically PE Teachers/school principals/superintendents) to raise funds through our educational fundraising program within the entire state of Wyoming , including Casper, Gillette, Cheyenne, Laramie, Rock Springs, Sheridan, Cody and everywhere in-between Key responsibilities include selling our lifesaving mission to local schools through prospecting and securing school participation while providing tools and training to help schools establish and meet their fundraising goals; recruiting and managing strong relationships with volunteers while ensuring overall success of the programs. Your position has a fundraising net goal this year of approximately $300k . You must exceed challenging fundraising goals by developing effective customer relationships, through time and travel management, persuasion, a high level of organization, competitiveness, and persistence.
You are responsible for effectively planning and managing your travel throughout the territory. You are expected to be in your territory a minimum of 50% of the time driving to schools throughout Wyoming. Travel objectives include recruiting schools to achieve a recruitment target during recruitment season (March-May and Aug-Oct), meetings to plan events with all recruited schools (Nov-Jan), and kicking off and managing in-progress events to drive donations from January - March. This travel requirement may be more or less than 50% as is seasonally required. Early morning start times and evening travel is included. Overnight travel is required . Must live within the territory.
- Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years’ experience equates to 1 full time year of higher education.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, including proven success in sales or fundraising required.
- Ability to travel the territory year-round and drive a minimum of 50 % of the time, including at times early mornings and late evenings.
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Proficient knowledge and skill with office-related computer programs, such as Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
We offer a yearly salary, a yearly incentive for exceeding the fundraising goals for the position, travel reimbursement and a great benefits package.