Community Rowing is hiring a Corporate and Foundation Grants Manager who will provide complete and comprehensive grant management, proposal writing, and other expertise needed to secure philanthropic support for CRI and assure funders' needs and requirements are met. The Corporate and Foundation Grants Manager is an integral part of Community Rowing's development team, which is responsible for raising philanthropic support for CRI’s programs, staff, facilities, and equipment. This position is primarily responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of grants from foundations and corporations to support these priorities. The manager will also be responsible for supporting the execution of a comprehensive corporate fundraising strategy, consisting of philanthropic grants and event sponsorships.
Grant Writing & Prospecting
● Write creative and compelling grant proposals, letters of inquiry, concept papers, sponsorship proposals, impact reports, etc., while observing deadlines and following generally accepted development procedures and/or specific grantmaker guidelines.
● Coordinate with the Director of Development and other CRI colleagues to identify prospective corporate and foundation donors through targeted research.
● Maintain and grow a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors and prospects for cultivation and solicitation through personal interaction, written solicitations, and stewardship actions that include emails, calls, letters, meetings, site visits, networking events, and other face to face donor activities.
● Work with the Director of Development and other CRI colleagues to establish and implement systems, tools, and templates to ensure effective grant-writing processes.
● Maintain an accurate grant tracking document, including scheduling and tracking of all grant activities, deadlines, and outcomes.
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship:
● Support and activate stewardship activities in coordination with the overall stewardship strategy of the development group.
● Offer site visits and other hands-on experiences in coordination with program managers to deepen donor connections to CRI’s Programs and maximize financial impact.
● Help shape key philanthropy-related messaging, including the annual impact reports and other collateral to demonstrate donor impact.
● Develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies, including collaborating with program staff to develop and present projects that align with prospect goals.
● Facilitate outreach to donor prospects, including CRI leadership and board engagement, if necessary.
● Collaborate extensively with program managers to receive information related to program demographics, data tracking, outcomes measurements, and other info as required to ensure grant proposals and reports can be written effectively and on a timely basis.
Other Duties as Assigned:
● On an as-needed basis, support fellow development and communications staff to effectively share CRI’s mission and values.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Outstanding strategic thinking and planning skills. Competent with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with internal and external audiences in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management databases (namely Raiser’s Edge)
- Requires high professional standards including discretion in handling confidential information
- Must be able to work independently without close supervision and maintain a strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrable commitment to CRI’s mission and values.
- SafeSport, CPR, and First Aid certified (provided to you by CRI)
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to step on uneven surfaces
- Ability to lift 30 lbs to support equipment moves.
- Availability to work on nights and weekends as needed the role requires.