The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for an Advisor Individual Giving for Mission Advancement Operations located in Atlanta, Georgia.
In this role, you will be responsible for cultivating relationships with both current and past AHA donors who have a proven interest in the mission. Responsible for qualifying and cultivating prospective donors who are not currently associated with AHA to connect them with our mission. Responsible for being a subject matter expert on the American Heart Association’s restricted fundraising programs and for securing donations of $100,000 or more while moving donors to their highest level of commitment and involvement.
- Complete minimum of 150 face-to-face donor and prospective donor visits each fiscal year to develop and manage an individual portfolio of approximately 40 individual donors across the assigned region with the ability to give $100 thousand or more. Responsible for closing between $600 thousand and $1.5 million minimum annually from individual donors through a variety of giving mechanisms including but not limited to outright, stock, family foundation, deferred mechanisms, planned gift mechanisms, etc.
- Conduct solicitation of 10-15 six and seven figure gifts annually for restricted and unrestricted purposes.
- Collaborate with Field Directors on strategies and opportunities to identify, cultivate and solicit major gift prospects to support field events and initiatives. Be a resource and leader in transforming donor and volunteer relationships across field campaigns. Create and leverage customized strategic events in select markets to cultivate donor relationships. Attend and support affiliate market activities and social events, Health Strategies events, and other hallmark events that drive the AHA’s overall unrestricted revenue campaign.
- Create and execute individual strategies for donors and prospects in portfolio to ensure growth of donor relationships. Work with Mission Advancement Team to secure appropriate project information, including budgets, and create offers, proposals and asks that will be used to secure gifts.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all activities in donor database (BBCRM. Report activity, trends, progress and results to National Team Leader, Major Gifts, association-wide Donor Relations team, or other various internal audiences on a monthly basis
- Participate in training activities and work with other Team members to develop programs and strategies to advance the Major Gifts effort.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience:
- in fundraising or sales with at least one year focused on major gifts or large accounts, preferably supporting large scale research on health and/or community issues.
- in identifying and developing major giving and/or engagement opportunities that align with organizational mission, goals and strategies at national and local levels.
- with all areas of cultivation, solicitation and closing sales or fundraising.
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous experience working with complex donors or clients representing $100,000 or more in revenue or philanthropy with proven fundraising or sales results at the six- and seven-figure level.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills with all levels of staff, prospects, volunteers and donors
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel overnight approx. 10% of the time with an additional 60% local/daily travel within your territory.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Minimum of three (3) years knowledge of philanthropic landscape.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience using donor relationship management software, such as BBCRM Blackbaud, Dynamics and/or Raiser’s Edge.