To lead the expansion of the relationship development model of Annual Campaign Fundraising to ongoing development of year-round engagement. The primary focus being on the growth of revenue within the annual campaign. The primary focus of the position will be the workplace giving annual campaign as well as the newly engaged and established new account development. This position will provide leadership, strategy, accountability and strength in developing a team that is aimed at constant improvement and growth of our annual workplace giving campaign and new accounts.
- 30% Strategically aligns corporate partners and donors through relationship development and engagement to our overall community impact strategy and goals in our community. This will need to be done with thought and coordination with the VP of Community Impact.
- 25% Develop and implement a strategy in conjunction with the new account development manager on a multi-year development of new business and growth. This should entail the growth of the overall campaign revenue and set meaningful measures and metrics for success.
- 10% Develop and lead the staff of the department to understand the engagement model and develop the competencies to be successful in year-round relationship development. This needs to be done in collaboration with our Director, Community Engagement to ensure we are achieving the right success and strategies on our volunteer engagement.
- 15% Manages all staff assigned to these areas of responsibility. Prepares and implements measurable annual work plans to achieve the objectives. Identifies, advises and counsels staff regarding developmental needs in line with corporate goals and policies. The 80/20 principle needs to implement and tirelessly managed.
- 10% Directs/collaborates with volunteer staff in performing CCE work related to the annual campaign as well as the new account development volunteers to ensure implementation and results.
- 10% Oversees the annual campaign process and the development of the new model plan. Works with the President & CEO, as well as the Board to ensure we are achieving the necessary outcomes and results to achieve scale in our community.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH: President & CEO, vice presidents and leadership staff; volunteer leadership serving on campaign and Tocqueville cabinets, Board of Directors; corporate partners and donors community partners, funders, and policy makers.
- 3 years of leadership within United Way system requested, but not required. In lieu of UW experience 7+ years of community collaboration in a leadership role.
- Competent in MS Office products.
- Interest in the improvement of the Summit County community.
- Transformational Leader.
- External Facing/Public Speaking.
- Measurable Impact – Achievement Oriented.
- Interpersonal Skills – Builds Relationships.
- Organizational / Strategic Planning.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a high-performing team.
- Organized, able to prioritize, strategically plans, and meets deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and passion for the mission of United Way of Summit County.
- Commitment to maintaining an awareness of best practices within the United Way Worldwide Network.
- Knowledge/experience with public school systems and local government departments
- Teambuilding and leading direct service staff
- Large-group presentation experience (20-50 people)
- Ability to routinely travel throughout multi-floor office, walking, climbing stairs.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach with hands and arms, bend and stoop.
- Extensive reading.
- Minimal lifting up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Must be willing to work non-standard work schedule including nights, weekends, and other unusual hours on occasion.
- After-hours event attendance occasionally.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Valid driver license and proof of insurance.
- Access to reliable insured automobile to be used for work-related travel in Summit County area.