The Natural Resources Defense Council is seeking a production designer for its multimedia team in New York City. We’re looking to hire an applicant with the ability to design according to templates and standards given, utilizing a deep understanding of layout production and printing standards.
The ideal candidate has editorial print design or print production experience, a high level of design sophistication, a keen eye for photography, and strong typographic skills that apply to a variety of mediums including print and digital. Exacting attention to detail and effective communication skills are necessary. The production designer must have experience shepherding large and small projects from conception to completion.
The successful candidate will have a passion for the environment and public health and an understanding of NRDC’s core mission to safeguard the Earth, its people, its plants and animals, and the natural systems on which all life depends.
This communications department position reports directly to the Art Director.
- Produce and design digital products including, but not limited to, funder pitch decks, social graphics, invitations, email newsletters, and digital fact sheets.
- Work with the Art Director and Designer to design print materials such as brochures, stationary suites, signage, and booklets for donor communications and fundraising.
- Design engaging PowerPoint and Keynote presentations.
- Provide image retouching, clipping paths, and additional image manipulation.
- Review final layouts to ensure brand standards across color, font, production quality, etc.
- Mange print process with vendors to ensure high-quality work is completed according to specs and on time.
- Other design projects as directed by the Art Director and Multimedia Director.
- Excellent production values.
- Experience tightening layouts and version management.
- Experience with color correction.
- Experience as a designer or production designer at an editorial publication, agency, or corporate communications department. Experience with long-form pieces a must.
- Responsive and quick thinking in rapid paced environments.
- Organized self-starter.
- Able to successfully respond to critical direction.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience with Dropbox and Asana is a plus.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.