Join a team of professional organizers and activists to make REAL change in our communities! We must hold our policy makers accountable to serving the PEOPLE, protecting the ENVIRONMENT, and upholding JUSTICE.
- Hold oil and gas companies accountable
- Phase out fossil fuels and promote renewable energy like wind and solar
- Reduce auto-dependency through electric-powered transit and more bike and pedestrian infrastructure
- Build resiliency to climate change though better water conservation and flood control measures
Campaigns We're Working On:
- Putting pressure on decision makers to replace all lead pipes across the country.
- Stopping coal-fired power plants from disposing toxic waste into our streams and rivers.
Recent Local Victories:
- We helped put Proposition 8 on the ballot. It passed during this last local election and will put pressure on Texas to allocate funds for flood mitigation- using nature-based solutions.
- We helped pass Water Forward- Austin's 100 year plan for water conservation and reuse.
- Organizing and fundraising within the community
- Maintaining personal fundraising goals
- Having fun!
- A strong motivation to work on environmental and social justice issues.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be able to work at least three days a week
- $13-16 an hour plus fundraising bonus
- 401K retirement
- Paid time off and sick leave
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Opportunity for advancement and travel
Clean Water Action is committed to reflecting the communities we work in. People of color, LGBTIQ folks, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.