The Events Manager leads the public events outreach program for the Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC). The manager oversees the formation, planning, and execution of more than 30 public events annually to support PPIC’s vision of informing civic life in our state through an evolving events portfolio. The manager plays an integral role in creating all programming content, leads planning and logistics, develops effective organizational systems, and continually uses evaluation tools to improve event offerings. The manager supervises an events associate and reports to the Vice President of Communications.
- Oversee a diverse range of public events—in-person and virtual—including research presentations, panel discussions, sponsored series, and conferences. Ensure a steady flow of activity, on average three public events each month.
- Proactively develop event ideas and content, in collaboration with colleagues across the institute. This includes identifying emerging leaders, new voices, and leading experts from across the state, to ensure diverse and balanced perspectives.
- Lead event teams—including events associate and staff from across the institute—in all aspects of the planning process and execution of events.
- Direct all aspects of event planning, including maintenance of detailed events calendars, timelines, and checklists; outreach to event participants, management of vendors; ensuring timely budgeting and financial reporting; preparation and distribution of event materials; effective communication with event teams and other stakeholders.
- Define and implement strategies that ensure successful events. Stay current on innovations from the event planning field and peer organizations. Use evaluation tools for continuous improvement.
- Submit an annual plan/budget for public events.
- Assist with other institutional events as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, plus 5+ years of hands-on, professional experience in planning and producing events, including virtual events.
- Demonstrable project management experience. Ability to manage multiple tasks under strict deadlines. A problem-solver, who is proactive, motivated, and resourceful, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience managing teams.
- Superior organizational and people skills to effectively manage key internal and external relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Visit https://www.ppic.org/about-ppic/careers/ and follow the application instructions.