Our Finance department is looking for a Senior Tax Manager. This position is part of the Finance team and responsible for managing all aspects of tax planning, reporting and compliance activities. The Senior Tax Manager manages tax risks, develops tax saving strategies, provides leadership to tax staff, and, with a focus on timeliness and accuracy, oversees the filing and payment of personal and real estate property taxes for over 1000 radio stations and translator signals.
Educational Media Foundation (EMF) is a nonprofit, multi-platform media company on a mission to draw people closer to Christ. Founded in 1982 in Santa Rosa, CA, with a singular radio station, EMF today owns and operates the nation's two largest Christian music radio networks (K-LOVE and Air1) with over 1,000 broadcast signals across all 50 states, streaming audio reaching around the world, and a growing family of media ministries including pod-casts, books, films, concerts, and events. EMF employs nearly 500 team members between its offices in Nashville, TN, Rocklin, CA, and field locations around the country.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Manages enterprise tax filings, including United States Federal Form 990 and all applicable schedules, 990T, state, local and international income tax.
- Manages preparation of filings required by each state, including annual reports and charitable organization filings.
- Serves as the liaison to external tax preparers, consultants and federal and state tax authorities.
- Maintain sales tax exemptions in all applicable states.
- Overseas the tax calendar for EMF filings which include: personal and real estate property taxes, sales taxes and federal, state, local and international compliance.
- Responsible for timely and accurate filings for all required forms and returns in order to maintain EMF's tax-exempt status and compliance with all applicable laws.
- Recruits, trains and supervises tax staff including reviews and evaluations.
- Manages use of PTMS property tax software to implement additional features, implement forecast modules and employee training of software.
Background and qualifications needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in tax, business, accounting or finance from a college or university or equivalent experience.
- CPA is a plus!
- Strong knowledge of IRS statutes and interpreting IRS guidelines and rules and deadlines related to annual business and franchise filings and sales and use taxes in all 50 states.
- Minimum 7 years of multi-state tax analysis and reporting experience with majority of experience in non-profit environment.
- Experience with personal and real estate property taxes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to represent ministry and executive staff professionally and maintain confidentiality.
This opportunity is in Franklin, TN, hybrid at home/in office role.
What we can offer you:
As the nation’s largest nonprofit Christian Broadcast/Media organization, we provide a competitive salary – and that’s not all! Our Total Rewards package also includes outstanding medical, dental and vision protection, as well as a robust 401K plan. You will have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life, including a generous paid time off policy, learning, growth and advancement opportunities. Even better, we have some cool not so usual benefits, like the ability to pray openly, be plugged in at Christian concerts, and represent our ministry at industry networking opportunities.