The purpose of the Development Director is to assure that foundation and individual revenue streams meet the budgetary goals of the Louisiana Bucket Brigade (LABB).
The Louisiana Bucket Brigade (LABB) is seeking to hire a full time Development Director to be responsible for growing revenue goals from established annual fund, major gifts and private grants programs. The perfect candidate will have at least five years of development experience, with a preference for experience as a Development Director. Annual salary is a firm $70,000 plus health insurance, optional retirement plan and vacation. This position reports to the Director of the organization and is based in New Orleans. You can see the job description at http://labucketbrigade.org/blog/hiring-development-director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate major donor individual giving program (gifts of 250+)
- Lead the organization in maintaining relationships with major donors.
- Develop and implement strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward known and new major donors.
Coordinate public, private and donor advised grants fundraising
- Collaborate with grant writer to maintain foundation calendar and submit proposals and reports.
- Identify, research and qualify new prospects from private and public granting sources.
- Develop and steward relationships with program officers.
- Identify, research, solicit and steward individuals who give through donor advised funds.
Coordinate annual fund individual fundraising
- Plan for and implement donor drive on Give NOLA Day and Giving Tuesday.
- Plan for and implement end of year fundraising campaign.
- Plan for and implement crowdfunding campaigns as necessary.
- Engage with social media and communications team for including fundraising appeals and donor-focused messaging in overall communications strategy.
- Increase donor retention rate by developing plans for renewal and engagement.
- Establish protocols for donor segmentation and engagement.
Donor briefings, updates, meetings
- Conceive, plan and arrange quarterly donor briefings locally and out of state.
- Develop a plan of digital cultivations and briefings.
- Create and implement a monthly lunch update program.
- Develop strategies and schedule in-person donor meetings in coordination with Director and Board members.
- Develop and implement stewardship strategies for individuals and foundations.
Maintain records, database, and acknowledgements
- Promptly acknowledge all gifts.
- Keep up to date with IRS requirements for acknowledgements.
- Inform LABB team of important donor activity.
- Maintain donor database up to date on a weekly basis.
- Develop and implement donor appreciation protocols.
- Five years minimum experience in individual fundraising with a high degree of comfort asking for donations and talking about finances.
- Experience with foundation fundraising.
- Experience with annual funds and segmenting and developing donor cultivation and retention strategies.
- Experience with budgeting and income projections.
- Experience working with client relations management software and an understanding and appreciation for the integrity of data.
- Demonstrated project management abilities – highly organized, excellent self-starter, consistent follow-through, and comfortable with feedback.
- Ability to multitask projects. Can produce and execute timelines.
- Follows fundraising ethics and is respectful of volunteers, co-workers and prospects and donors.
- Experience working with small-scale nonprofits
- Valid driver’s license
- Data analysis experience
- Demonstrated ability for succinct storytelling for the purposes of fundraising
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Skilled in creating engaging webinars or in-person panels or other events
- Graphic design skills
- Ability to throw a party with a purpose
- Passion for environmental, climate and racial justice
Annual salary is $70,000 plus health insurance, optional retirement plan and vacation.
This position reports to the Director of the organization and is based in New Orleans. You can see the job description at http://labucketbrigade.org/blog/hiring-development-director
Send an email to [email protected] with a subject line that reads Development Director Position, Last Name, First Name. Attach your resume and cover letter. Application deadline is 5 pm CT on August 17, 2020.
The Louisiana Bucket Brigade is an equal opportunity employer.