POSITION SUMMARY The Section Events Coordinator provides support to the Associate Director for Sections and works with 107 AALS’s Sections. The coordinator works on a variety of projects including Section event coordination, updating and maintaining the AALS Sections webpages, adding individuals to Sections, setting up Section leadership surveys, distributing reports, and assisting with ongoing Sections projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and coordinate seamless execution of AALS webinars and socials; communicate with speakers to ensure timely collection of webinar content; liaise with technology vendors and staff.
- Create digital content to generate interest and registration.
- Set up and host technical aspects of broadcasts/webinars and moderate.
- Oversee and maintain recordings for playback; ensure reports are properly saved.
- Maintain, update, and administer records in CRM system and the Directory of Law Teachers; process Section memberships.
- Distribute membership reports to Section leadership and maintain the AALS Membership Detail.
- Ensure Sections receive timely responses regarding membership, processing, database, operational issues, and other business-related inquiries.
- Support the Associate Director with the monthly AALS Section Members Newsletter, AALS Connect.
- Oversee and maintain private online communities for Sections and Committees through AALS Connected Community.
- Create and maintain Section webpages; refresh aesthetic of AALS Section pages.
- Partake in trainings to keep AALS Staff up to date on new technology, and updates in software.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
*Minimum education and experience needed to perform the job adequately.
The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree and have at least 2 years of working experience in membership management, customer service, business development, marketing, or a related field. Experience in a not-for-profit or membership-oriented association is preferred. Demonstrated strength in managing large amounts of detailed information and implementing complex processes is required. Excellence in database administration is essential, as is experience with customer service. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and Zoom; and have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, SurveyMonkey, and Canva.
The successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding communication skills, a collaborative work style, flexibility, and creativity in problem-solving. The successful candidate will have a continuous improvement attitude and will be proactive in identifying and solving problems.
Like all AALS staff members, the Section Events Coordinator will demonstrate a positive and member-focused disposition; handle competing priorities independently and effectively; exercise creativity and good judgment in solving problems; and be inclined to thrive in a small, diverse organization.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected].