PD Active was founded in 2006 by a small group of men and women with Parkinson's disease (PD). We have grown tremendously and now serve a vibrant community of over 1,000 people affected by PD, and offer over 70 programs per month. Exercise and social programs, like the ones supported by PD Active, are scientifically shown to be essential for people with PD. PD Active is financially sound, supported by donations and grants and an active group of volunteers. PD Active has a working and engaged Board of Directors and two part-time staff. PD Active has a small office in Berkeley, CA.
The Program Director will provide critical operational and strategic support and thought leadership. PD Active's reputation and services have expanded greatly in the last few years and the Program Director will work to continue that growth, coupled with a compassionate understanding and a desire to help our members. The Program Director reports to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors
- Assist the board to expand the program offerings with new classes, support groups, community social programs, educational events, etc.
- Outreach to grow membership in order to serve more people affected by PD
- Operational support for events (roughly monthly) and other programs
- Produce monthly newsletter and collaborate with our Communications Group on other communications
- Assist with fund raising and grants
- Manage day-to-day operations of PD Active office
- Maintain updates to our website and other information services
- Manage email and phone communication channels
- Engage and coordinate volunteers
- Gather and analyze program and feedback from members
- Manage expenses within budget
- Prepare financial information for the Treasurer and Bookkeeper
- Communicate with and coordinate with activity instructors/leaders
- Work cooperatively with administrative assistant, bookkeeper, and board of directors
- Other duties, as directed
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ year’s relevant work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent working with others
- Demonstrated success building/managing stakeholder relationships
- Caring and compassion
Additional useful skills and experience:
- Website management (WordPress)
- Group email communication (Constant Contact)
- Non-profit work experience
- Developing and maintaining community relations
- Financial acumen
- Additional technical skills: MS Office suite, Google apps
This is a full-time, exempt position, although candidates with slightly less availability will also be considered. Some weekend work will be required to support weekend events.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications.
Interested candidates should email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.