Saint John’s High School is deeply rooted in the development and traditions of the Catholic Church in Central Massachusetts. The school was an outgrowth of both the first Catholic Church (1834) and the first parochial school (1873) in Worcester. It is the first of many high schools operated by the Xaverian Brothers in New England.
The school creates an atmosphere of interdependence, respect, inclusion, and personal responsibility and aims to send forth young men who will use their God-given talents to transform their community, nation, and world.
The advancement office at Saint John's High School seeks to raise and provide the financial support and resources to maintain the tradition of excellence at the school by maintaining the strong bond and connection with alumni, families, and friends of Saint John's. The Saint John's High School Pioneer Community and the generosity of spirit and financial support are vital to its continued success.
As the organization approaches the largest, most ambitious fundraising initiative in its history, the opportunity has emerged for a Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) to increase current and capital support and advance priorities that will both further its tradition of excellence and dramatically enhance its campus facilities.
The incoming CAO will manage a team of eight, partner with the Headmaster, Board of Trustees, and engage an alumni base to ensure the strength and security of Saint John’s for generations to come.
Reporting to the Headmaster and a key member of the Saint John’s leadership team, the Chief Advancement Officer will oversee all aspects of its advancement efforts related to both fundraising and communications. The successful candidate will continue to grow and strengthen the culture of philanthropy, positioning the school for future growth, and will develop and execute strategies to achieve its campaign objectives. Leading a team of eight, the incoming CAO will provide mentorship and expertise in fundraising and communications best practices.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven years of professional advancement experience.
- Ability to articulate the mission of Saint John’s High School and the Xaverian Brothers.
- Demonstrated ability to solicit and secure major and planned gifts, understand data analytics and metrics, and experience increasing alumni engagement.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Demonstrated strength in managerial, leadership, and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in producing publications and communications materials
To apply or nominate someone, please send cover letter and resume to Lisa Vuona, Managing Partner, Boyden Boston at [email protected].