About Capital Good Fund
Capital Good Fund (“Good Fund”) is a nonprofit, U.S. Treasury-certified Community Development Financial Institution headquartered in Providence, RI. Founded in 2009, our mission is to create pathways out of poverty through equitable financial services. Our growing team serves residents of five states—RI, DE, FL, IL, and MA—with plans for further expansion. We have financed 5,300 loans for $11 million with a 95% repayment rate and graduated over 1,600 families through our Financial Coaching program. Good Fund employees are committed to using financial services to transform the lives of those we serve.
Loan Servicing Manager at Capital Good Fund
Under the direction of the Chief Credit Officer (“CCO”), this team member is responsible for managing the daily activities and responsibilities of the Loan Servicing Department. The Loan Servicing Manager will demonstrate a broad knowledge of Good Fund’s social mission, loan products, policies and procedures, and relevant lending regulations. He or she will serve as coach and mentor to the team with an emphasis on professional development, team building, and maintaining an engaging work environment.
The Loan Servicing Manager will perform a variety of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Coach and develop a fast-growing team of Loan Servicing Specialists to execute the debt collections and servicing responsibilities of all loans in the portfolio.
- Perform and/or monitor job evaluations and establish appropriate performance metrics for team members.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, employees, and business partners.
- Implement debt collection strategies to minimize the occurrence of non-performing loans and defaults, maximize recoveries, and ensure that efficient and effective collection methods are in place and in support of the organization's loan goals.
- Responsible for making decisions on, and following through with, loan workouts, bankruptcy filings, payment plans, repossessions, auction floors and bids, charge-offs, troubled debt restructures (TDRs) and recoveries.
- Ensure that all department procedures are in compliance with state and federal lending laws and provide recommendations on policy updates during annual policy reviews.
- Comply with the established policies and procedures, and ensure that operations are consistent with all organizational and departmental guidelines.
- Fulfill the organization’s credit reporting obligations and credit dispute verification responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collaborate with the CCO and other team members to design new solutions and streamline the various functions and processes within the Loan Servicing Department in order to promote efficiency, effectiveness and customer service.
- Be an active member of special enterprise-wide projects and committees as necessary.
- Prepare and analyze Loan Servicing performance reports.
- Report on the department’s activities as necessary and perform additional duties as required.
Bring at least 1 year of direct management/leadership experience, and at least 3 years of experience in the lending industry.
Possess proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel.
Able to examine trends and data to recommend solutions based on the information examined.
Demonstrate developed time management, attention to detail, and project management skills.
Able to think creatively and adapt to a fast-paced environment while maintaining a process-oriented and customer-centered work environment.
Possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds.
Bilingual in Spanish/English
Experience using Salesforce, Cloud Lending or similar customer relationship management / loan management software
Experience with credit reporting and Metro2 guidelines
Experience working in low-income/distressed communities
Experience in auto lending procedures
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance management, accounting or other business-related field.
This is a full time forty hour-per-week position with some evening hours required. The Loan Servicing Manager will earn an annual salary of $47,075 and five years of relevant experience will raise the salary to $51,275.
The Loan Servicing Manager will receive a competitive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with an employer match of 3%, medical insurance with a $300/month employer subsidy, dental insurance fully covered by employer, 5 paid personal days per benefit year, 15 paid vacation days in the first year on staff, and the opportunity to apply for personal loans of up to $2,000 at 0% interest. Company perks include supervisor-approved opportunities to work from home, flexible scheduling, an office stipend, and 12.5 paid holidays including a floating holiday for your birthday!
Please send a one-page cover letter, resume, and three references with at least one being a supervisor, to [email protected].
Any offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a background check.
Capital Good Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Good Fund welcomes every protected characteristic including: race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity. All are encouraged to apply.