FHI360 is seeking a Program Officer to provide programmatic and administrative support to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the Civil Society and Media Project II (CSMII). The role is full-time and based in Yangon, with occasional in-country travel.
The Program Officer will work as part of the CSM II team and report to the Senior Legal Advisor.
- Assist in the development and sharing of program materials with program partners, including internal reports, training materials, and briefing notes.
- Complete research tasks in relation to law and policy in Myanmar.
- Where appropriate, act as a facilitator for workshops and trainings.
- Monitor and provide updates on legal and policy developments in Myanmar.
- Oversee logistics for workshops and trainings; coordinating with resource persons, and other program staff to support the delivery of workshops and trainings.
- Organize meetings with project partners, including transport and accommodation.
- Facilitate the visits of non-field staff, consultants, and funder representatives as appropriate.
- Maintain electronic filing system of all project-related materials.
- Maintain and update databases and records on program activities for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Support financial reporting.
- Provide support to the Accounting Team and Program Assistant on finance and administration, as requested and appropriate.
Translation and interpretation
- Act as an interpreter for the Senior Legal Advisor when working day-to-day with project partners, including on field visits, where appropriate.
- Support with the translation of basic information and emails.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience. Experience working with USAID or other foreign donor project(s) highly desirable.
- Fluent Myanmar speaker.
- Excellent English language skills (written and oral). Must be proficient typing Myanmar language.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including editing skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Available to travel in-country.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.