This vital team member supports association activities and programs by working directly with internal team members, member institutions, and other association partners. This position is responsible for managing the weekly tasks of the association’s processes, financial functions, and general office operations to ensure the overall success of the association and to the betterment of its members’ experiences and engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Office Operations and Finance Support (60%)
- Serves as the first point of contact for the association, both in-person at the front lobby desk as well as electronically via telephone and email correspondence
- Monitors the ACCU general email, distributing received emails to the appropriate ACCU team members along with responding accordingly to general inquiries in a timely fashion
- Coordinates and manages office supplies inventory, including orders necessary for general office use and equipment
- Processes ACCU publication sales including shipping and correspondence with the purchasing party
- Monitors ACCU publication store inventory and works collaboratively with ACCU team to ensure correct information is available in the online stores and additional copies re-ordered as deemed necessary
- Maintains association library, including the organization and cataloguing of books received or purchased by staff
- Prepares work orders for repairs and maintenance with our rental vendor, Lincoln Property Company (LPC)
- Maintains the association conference rooms on the ACCU Team Outlook calendar
- Collects and distributes incoming postal mail accordingly to the ACCU team
- Processes documentation for association operational payments in Bill.com and ensures accurate vendor contact information is within the database with all appropriate financial paperwork
- Inputs income checks in accordance with association financial operations guidelines, including in the check log and, as appropriate, the association management system (AMS) database
- Assists with updating member profile information for individuals and institutions in the AMS database
- Assist members with membership account sign-on support
- Program Support (40%)
- Assist with ordering supplies for ACCU’s programming (such as badges, award trophies, ribbons, and other materials as needed)
- Support directors with processing registrations (responding to inquiries in a timely and efficient manner including assisting with payments)
- Maintain the ACCU member presidents photo book
- Provides administrative and logistical support for ACCU’s Advising Services including the mentor program
- Assist with the planning and execution of pre-conferences as assigned and other aspects of the ACCU Annual Meeting
- Other duties as assigned
Experience: One – three years working in higher education, associations, or non-profits.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail.
- Good judgment and discretion, especially when dealing with confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively in achieving organizational goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with a willingness to learn emerging and current office databases and technologies.
- Experience with and competency in Catholic higher education preferred.
- Ability to move heavy boxes for Annual Meeting set-up and take down.
- Must be able to be physically present on-site and available throughout the four-day Annual Meeting.
This position is a non-exempt, full-time employee and eligible for all Association benefits.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to Dr. Rebecca Sawyer, Vice President, at [email protected].