The Training Specialist will support the Collegiate Programs department in developing the new Learning Program for the organization’s collegiate licensees. Collegiate licensees are companies that manufacture products bearing the collegiate logos of our university members and uphold their commitment to protect workers’ rights and improve working conditions in supply chains. The Training Specialist will help plan the curriculum; create and develop materials; and conduct virtual and in-person trainings for the program. Our organizational training approach is highly interactive with a focus on participant engagement.
The Training Specialist will report to the Director, Knowledge Management, and will work collaboratively with other team members to ensure that the training and e-Learning delivered to licensee and university members is relevant and impactful.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design, plan, organize, and conduct trainings for the Learning Program to improve licensee understanding and application of social compliance principles and practices.
- Support the development, implementation, and launch of FLA’s learning management system (LMS).
- Develop content and deliver Licensee Curriculum.
- Support the development of content related to social compliance, ethical supply chains, and fair labor practices.
- Build out online lessons using the LMS authoring tool.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with FLA’s licensee and university members.
- Integrate a variety of instructional techniques into training content, including various exercises, group discussions, case studies, role-playing, etc.
- Develop alternative training methods based on feedback, research, and new technologies.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness.
- Develop course materials and guidance such as handouts and visual materials.
- Track and manage e-Learning user accounts and reporting in the current and future LMS.
- Respond to licensee and university inquiries and questions regarding e-Learning and the LMS.
- Maintain records of training activities, attendance, and results.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Minimum of three years relevant professional training experience. Experience with labor relations, corporate social responsibility, sustainability, or other relevant fields preferred.
- Knowledge of international labor standards and social compliance issues that companies face in enforcing labor standards in supplier factories around the world.
- Interest in and commitment to FLA’s mission.
- Experience with a Learning Management System, e-Learning, authoring tools, and/or web delivery training tools.
- Familiarity with instructional design theory and the training cycle (needs assessment, curriculum planning, material development, coordination, monitoring, effectiveness evaluation).
- Experience with a variety of training methods, techniques, and activities.
- Outstanding organization and time management skills, with attention to detail and an ability to establish systems to manage constant flows of information and deliver on deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives and to design and implement effective training content.
- Excellent writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong, energetic, and charismatic presentation skills.
- Tech and social media savvy.
- Familiarity with email distribution platforms such as Mailchimp.
Please apply using the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment....