The FHI 360 Global Connections department engages with a diversity of institutions and individuals in the United States and around the world to strengthen professional, cultural, youth, and academic exchanges and educational/training linkages. A growing area of work includes online and third-country participant trainings that focus on professional and institutional development in a broad range of technical areas.
The ACAI and TACL programs, which primarily focus on environmental as well as child labor-related issues, provide trainings and civil society capacity building activities for stakeholders in the MENA and/or SCA regions. The current funder is the U.S. Department of State; however, these programs may also receive funding from other sources. We are seeking applications for a Technical Officer I to provide technical support for the program’s social media activities as part of a broader publication initiative/strategy.
- Social Media Administration: Support development of social media strategy and implement social media strategy for all of programs’ social media platforms; support content development for programs’ social media platforms tailored to programs’ target beneficiaries; analyze social media performance and identify areas for improvement and program promotion; research, identify and engage with websites and groups working on issues related to program topics to promote the programs’ social media presence; and review and monitor all posts to ensure program integrity.
- Program Advertising: Facilitate program’s online advertising/promotion for all program activities through social media platforms; research and identify new outlets for program advertising; and assist program staff in tracking monthly advertising budget expenditures.
- Support Public Education Strategy and Design: Implement Public Education Resource Strategy; support topic development for articles based on program goals; and track the programs’ editorial schedule.
- Ensure Resource Content Quality: Ensure resources are appropriate to environmental as well as child labor issues; and communicate professional-level and accurate information on environmental as well as child labor issues as per internationally-recognized definitions and standards, and FHI 360 trainings, including accurate and complete citations.
- Content Development: Identify Persian/Farsi/Dari/Tajik language resources to post; review English language articles identified through other team members’ research; and compile news from existing news sources and post summaries.
- General Program Support: Maintain records and compile data as it relates to the programs’ social media platforms; write client report sections as requested; write weekly Website Posting Report for planning and ongoing goal analysis/monitoring; prepare reports, briefings, or presentations for meetings and conferences, as necessary; and provide translation of documents, as needed.
- Collaboration/Communication: Maintain professional standard of communication with colleagues, consultants, and beneficiaries; and ensure work style contributes to team building and a professional environment where colleagues can work together productively.
- Business Development: Participate in business development opportunities, including identifying proposal ideas, conducting research, etc., as necessary
- Experience in a fluctuating work environment with constantly changing needs and demands;
- Journalism experience or equivalent;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a diverse team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and prepare reports;
- Strong organizational skills, including task and time management;
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills;
- Knowledge of the MENA and/or SCA regions; and
- Proficiency in Persian, Tajik, or Dari.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) desirable; and Graphic design experience.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for research studies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to problem-solve and implements corrective action as needed.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.