The Social Media Manager develops, leads and manages social and digital media plans and activities for internal or external clients. Provides strategic direction on the latest social and digital media trends and tactics to increase awareness, engagement and results of social marketing and communication campaigns and activities.
- Leads strategic planning, content creation and day-to-day management of social and digital media activity within behavior change and outreach campaigns.
- Creates and executes client social and digital media strategic plans and tactical plans to support department projects.
- Develops evaluation plans to actively measure and monitor social and digital media through analytics platforms. Analyzes data to suggest recommendations for strengthening program and campaign results.
- Leads digital/social media discussions and presentations with the client.
- Creates presentations to illustrate the strategic thinking behind social media plans, tactics and activities.
- Actively contributes to business development efforts, including proposal strategy and tactics, partnering recommendations, pricing and writing of technical proposals.
- Uses native and third-party tools to successfully evaluate digital campaigns.
- Provides input on budget allocations of social and digital media activity.
- Oversees website development, testing, design, and launch of digital products.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest changes and trends to social tools, applications, channels, design and strategy. Uses this knowledge to inform program strategy and tactics.
- Works with Project Directors across the department to develop social media/web content and engagement plans for diverse clients.
- Participates in the development of trainings for clients, colleagues, and partners about social and digital media topics.
- Works collaboratively with departments across the organization to increase social/digital media capacity.
- Coordinates social and digital media buys to achieve campaign and projects goals.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of complex scope that require analysis of information and various factors.
- Exercises judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation of criteria for performing duties and obtaining results.
- Decisions made generally affect specific functional areas with cost and failure to achieve short term goals of the company.
- Manages staff to meet departmental and organizational goals.
- Plans budgets, strategy and training of staff to achieve results.
- Develops and recommends solutions to management to meet departmental and company needs.
- Supports performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
- Typically reports to an Associate Director or Director.
- Demonstrated experience in writing and executing social and digital media plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of digital media landscape including working knowledge of analytical tools, web content technologies and other paid media tools.
- Strong knowledge of online community building and management.
- Ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with others.
- Typically requires 5 – 8 years of experience using digital media for social/behavior change campaigns and/or social marketing.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO) with experience in public health, international development or public policy.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand-held devices.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.