Manages the strategic planning, development, and coordination of communications activities that promote the objectives of a multi-partner global public health project. Coordinates knowledge-sharing activities among numerous stakeholders. Helps to ensure that the project’s progress, achievements, and results are communicated regularly and accurately to all relevant stakeholders. Develops project-wide knowledge-sharing systems.
- Helps to manage communications across a multi-partner consortium.
- Develops systems and processes to initiate proactive outreach to project partners.
- Provides technical expertise to develop and implement processes and tools for communication and knowledge-sharing.
- Collaborates with project partners and funder to develop success stories, web content, technical briefs, and other written deliverables.
- Ensures that all project communications have a consistent tone and voice and relate to the project’s objectives and priorities.
- Disseminates information in targeted and creative ways.
- Monitors the project’s communications program and looks for opportunities to improve it.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, government agencies, and project partners.
- Helps to track communications budget.
- Manages supporting communications staff.
- Works on problems of complex scope that require analysis of information and various factors.
- Exercises judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation of criteria for performing duties and obtaining results.
- Decisions made affect specific functional areas with cost and failure to achieve project goals.
- Fifteen years of experience in leading communications for large and complex projects
- Demonstrated experience in effectively engaging partners and in managing
communications activities in a multi-partner consortium
- Demonstrated skills in communications and innovation in technical practice
- Experience interacting with U.S. government agencies including overseas offices
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Strong knowledge of communications concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proven skills in project tracking software and other relevant technologies. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and collaborate with others. Ability to meet deadlines and work independently.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.