The Senior Education Technical Director is responsible for providing technical leadership and management to all thematic education technical leads. The Technical Director should have extensive experience in technical leadership in various phases of education programming including program assessment and design as well as thematic areas including literacy, youth and workforce, higher education, and fragile contexts. Experience in additional focus areas under the USAID Education Policy is preferred. The Technical Director should also have an understanding of education policy and management issues related to the scale and sustainability of programs in fragile and stable contexts. She/he must be experienced in working in a collaborative environment involving multiple parties in a range of organizations. Experience in convening communities of practice/networks preferred.
- S/he will work collaboratively with the management team, key stakeholders, and working groups as applicable to improve the technical rigor of knowledge products and other activities.
- In close consultation with Project Director and the USAID/Office of Education (ED) s/he will develop a project staffing pattern and maintains a roster of education technical experts appropriate for the objectives of this contract and aligned with the priorities of the USAID Education Policy.
- S/he will provide technical leadership for related events, training and communications.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in education programs, involving a range of activities.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership role in education programs in developing countries.
- Candidates speaking French, Spanish, or Arabic in addition to English preferred.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.