This position will coordinate our public policy & advocacy work related to governance, finance and accountability. The position will support Save the Children's policy and advocacy contributions to a coalition focused on U.S. foreign aid effectiveness called “The Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network (MFAN)”, through research, writing, and other duties. The Sr. Coordinator is accountable for the day-to-day support of Save’s engagement with MFAN, including senior-level staff engagement. The position will also support the project coordination of Save the Children’s Addis Tax Initiative project in collaboration with Save the Children Kenya. The project was launched in January 2018 to increase domestic resource mobilization (DRM) to address the resource gap in foreign assistance.
NOTE - Funding for this position is expected to be available until December 2020, with a possibility of extension.
- Support our Aid Effectiveness Work (40%): Provide support to Save the Children senior staff in their engagement within MFAN; prepare talking points for Save the Children speakers at meetings and events; attend regular aid reform meetings with MFAN, other NGOs/think tanks, and the US government and NGO meetings; do scheduling, meeting report out, and project management; write blogs, policy statements, or op-eds as needed.
- Coordinate the Kenya Addis Tax Initiative Project (35%): Coordinate and manage project deliverables and budget for the ATI project; schedule and support DC meetings with US government, think tanks and NGOs and with the Save the Children Kenya country office; attend development finance-related meetings in DC; additional tasks include preparing for bi-weekly meetings with the Save the Children Kenya staff. Perform other administrative and coordination duties as necessary.
- Event organizing (10%): Organize and promote roundtables and events related to both initiatives with the Executive Branch, Congressional, NGO and think tank participants.
- Grant writing and reporting (10%): Support public policy team by writing grant proposals and reports related to our governance, finance, and accountability work.
- Social media and communications (5%): Write and disseminate advocacy and communications materials; provide input and help to support PPA social media strategies with Save the Children's communication team.
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated project management skills; able to juggle multiple projects and assignments
- Ability to provide a full range of support from meeting scheduling to contributing policy analysis in written products
- Detail-oriented, organized, ambitious and proven track record of being a hard worker
- Exceptional writing, research and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently on tasks with minimal supervision, manage own time effectively, and to problem-solve
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player in fast-paced environment
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field
- Work in a Congressional office, NGO, think-tank, or in the Executive Branch strongly preferred
- Background in aid effectiveness and development finance issues
- Social media and communications savvy
- Experience working in large, complex matrixed organization